• +Turlock (209) 668-9361
  • Placements - placements@creative-alternatives.org

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Placement

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Placement

How do I refer a child to Creative Alternatives for placement consideration?

Placements are initiated in two ways, either through a phone call to the intake worker or a faxed referral to the intake worker. Faxed referrals should include the client’s history, current behavioral issues, and a psychological report or IEP if available/relevant. After acceptance, a formal intake is arranged, although Creative Alternatives does accept emergency placements.

What is the company’s policy regarding family contact and visitation?

Creative Alternatives encourages and reinforces ongoing contact and visitation with biological family members. Because our contract is with the adoptive parent or placing agency, these individuals set the boundaries regarding contact, including whom the child may contact, how often, and what type of contact may occur.

Does Creative Alternatives provide transportation for visits, court, or related appointments?

Yes, Creative Alternatives does provide transportation for those appointments mentioned above. Generally, prior to placement the intake worker will verbally commit to a reasonable amount of transportation per month. Biological family members are also encouraged to visit the children on site if this has been approved by the placing agency. On site supervision of visits can also be arranged. The child may contact family members by phone and may also receive phone calls.

Interested in becoming a foster parent?  Please let us know and someone will contact you.

You must be logged in to post a comment