The mission of our nonpublic schools are to prepare each student to be a functioning, contributing member of society by providing programs that foster academic, social, physical and psychological achievement.
Reyn Franca School , Reyn Franca Annex, and Creative Alternatives School (Fresno County) are nonpublic schools designed to meet the special and unique needs of every student. Our programs provide a high level of structure, consistency, and an intensely therapeutic environment to properly address internal and external behavioral patterns. Our staff is experienced in serving students of the following medical and mental health dynamics: Emotional Disturbances (ED), specific learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS), Autism, Intellectual Challenges, speech and language deficits, anxiety disorders, nonverbal learning disabilities, auditory processing disorders, and other health impairments.
- Improve reading, writing, phonics and math skills for children who are severely emotionally disturbed, developmentally delayed and/or have a learning disability;
- Enable students to catch up to their appropriate grade levels;
- Expand our students’ abilities to think logically, to deduce and to reason; and
- Expand our students’ abilities to identify and solve problems.
- Individualized Academic Instruction
- Highly Structured Environment
- Small Class Sizes (1:4 ratio) maximum 12 students
- Extended School Year Services
- Transition Classes (NPS to Public)
- Autistic and LH Classrooms
- Highly Qualified Teaching Staff (Multiple Subject, Mild-Moderate, Moderate-Severe Credentials)
- Life skills, Social skills training
- Behavior Management System (Boys Town and Non-Crisis Prevention Intervention)
- Attendance Incentive Program
- Individual and Group Counseling (with licensed MFT and PPS Counselor)
- Behavior Intervention Case Manager (BICM)
- Trained Campus Supervisor (Certified)
- Trained and Qualified Instructional Aides
- School Clubs and Activities
- Sports and Fitness Programs
- State of the Art Technology-based Learning
Reyn Franca School and Annex
4041 Main Street, Denair, CA 95316
(209) 668-8594 • Fax (209) 668-7443
Reyn Franca School (serving Stanislaus County) hosts approximately 72 children in grades K – 12 who due to various maladaptive behaviors, cannot attend public school. The program is designed to enable students to become contributing members of society while obtaining a quality education and the necessary skill sets for re-entry into a public school setting.
Each classroom accommodates up to 12 students who are instructed by a credentialed special education teacher and two teaching assistants. Lessons are derived from California State Standards and then individually modified to help students prepare for transition to public school. In addition to obtaining a solid academic background, students have access to psychological counseling for mental illness or emotional needs as well as speech and language therapy, behavioral support, music, art and other specialized support through RFS or by referral.
Reyn Franca Annex Address
1601 North Berkeley Ave., Turlock CA 95382
Creative Alternatives School
4460 E. Yale Ave., Fresno, CA 93703
(559) 385-7404 • Fax (559) 385-7406
Creative Alternatives Services serves students in grades K – 12 who due to various maladaptive behaviors, cannot attend public school. CAS also accommodates up to 12 students per classroom and is instructed by a credentialed special education teacher.
Creative Alternatives School teachers focus on academic content and behavior support as it relates to the student’s IEP. The special education needs of the students at CAS are met by using specific teaching strategies that have been proven to be effective in changing student outcomes in a positive manner.
CAS currently serves students who reside in Fresno County.